Athletic CardioClub is Romania’s first physicians’ sports association, founded by the Romanian Society of Cardiology and the Romanian Heart Foundation, as well as by 17 physicians, 16 of them Cardiologists. Athletic CardioClub is Romania’s first sports club aiming to promote a healthy lifestyle, with a focus on exercise, within the physicians’ ranks. With their support, we hope to educate the general public regarding the prevention of, and the rehabilitation from, cardiovascular disease.
You can join the Athletic CardioClub if you meet two criteria:
- You take regular exercise (at least 30 minutes of moderate effort every day, at least 5 days a week)
- You do not smoke
The members of the Athletic CardioClub may be:
- Founders: the individuals and organisations who founded the Athletic CardioClub (please refer to the By-Laws)
- Associate members: cardiologists joining the Athletic CardioClub
- Supporting members: non-cardiologist physicians wishing to promote the association’s objectives. The club is also open to the physicians’ relatives, irrespective of their occupation, up to the 3rd degree.
- Affiliate members: other individuals wishing to promote the association’s objectives. We also welcome organisations interested in supporting the operations of the Athletic CardioClub.
According to their exercise regimen, members may belong to one of the following categories:
Moderate exercise 30 minutes/day, 5 days per week or 150 minutes per week overall). This category also includes people who wish to support, morally and/or by other means, the Athletic Cardio Club activities, and whose physical fitness does not allow them any exercise.
Individual constant practicing of various sports, without attending sports competitions.
(Semi)performance sports activity certified by attending official sports events both in Romanian and/or abroad.
High performance sports activity in official events, in which he/she ranked 1st to 6th