Athletic CardioClub is the first sports association of physicians, founded by the Romanian Society of Cardiology and the Romanian Foundation of the Heart and by a number of 17 physicians, 16 of which are cardiologists. The key objective of Athletic CardioClub is to promote exercise, a healthy lifestyle within the ranks of physicians and by their means, in the public at large as cardiovascular disease prevention and recovery ways.
You can join the Athletic CardioClub if you meet two criteria:
- You constantly make exercises (at least 30 minutes of moderate effort every day, at least 5 days a week)
- You do not smoke
The members of the Athletic CardioClub may be:
- Founders: individuals and entities that founded the Athletic CardioClub (please refer to the By-Laws)
- Associate members: cardiologists that joined the Athletic CardioClub
- Supporting members: physicians of other specialties than cardiology that want to participate in the achievement of the objectives of the association. This category comprises also physicians’ relatives, irrespective of their specialties, up to the 3rd degree.
- Affiliate members: individuals of other walks of life that want to participate in the achievement of the objectives of the association. This category may also comprise entities that want to support the operations of the Athletic CardioClub.
Depending on their program of exercises, the Athletic ClubMembers may belong to one of the following categories:
Moderate exercises for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week or 150 minutes all in all a week. To this category subscribe also physicians that want to support morally and/or by other means the activities of the Athletic CardioClub, whose condition does not allow them to keep making effort.
Individual sport activities, irrespective of the type of sport practiced, that involves physical effort over the minimal level for 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week or 150 minutes all in all a week.
Performance in sport certified by participation in official sports events at a domestic or international level.
Performance in sport in official competitions, occupying one of the 1st to 6th places.